Do you want work with your mind and your hands? Do you want to be challenged in the world of control systems of high-tech products and willing to travel around the world? Join us and become a specialist within Ampelmann!
Your role as a PLC Field Engineer
You are part of the PLC Field team (2 FTE), located at our global HQ in Delft. You are responsible for localizing and correcting faults, in the field of control systems. This includes the subject’s mechanicals electrical and hydraulics. Prepare and guide planned maintenance on software and electrical hardware related topics, if needed, execute on location. Your activities could be anywhere in the world, both on- and offshore. In addition, eventually take on fleetwide control system updates as project responsible.
The purpose of the Maintenance Department is to optimize system availability, reliability and safety within the maintenance budget. We manage the assets (including control systems) with competent people, clear processes and effective collaboration. PLC Field Maintenance is a sub-department - Headquarter based - responsible for maintaining and installations our electric control systems and software upgrades. As a PLC field engineer you will report to the PLC Field Engineer Team Lead.
- Perform work required for the operation, maintenance and testing of control systems.
- Modify existing software packages to fit unique customer needs and configurations.
- Commissioning of new build control systems
- Trouble shoot and deploy system upgrades on our Ampelmann systems worldwide, both on- and offshore
- Support maintenance engineers and technicians on day-to-day basis
- Support emergency breakdown coverage by Operation Control Centre
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering; mechanical engineering or similar. Or vocational + > 2 years relevant working experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on control systems (electric and hydraulic)
- Knowledge of PLC control systems (preferable Siemens)
- A flexible and pro-active team player: willingness to travel and work during the weekends
Ampelmann has the mission to make ‘offshore access as easy as crossing the street’. We are the pioneer of offshore access system industry and have established presence in every major oil, gas and offshore wind market. Ampelmann combines the challenges of a large global operating organization with the flexibility, change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here and have an ‘inside look’ here.
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Excellent secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, non-contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
You can apply before 1 of January 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after closing date we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com. Your contact person for this vacancy is Annelore van Thiel.