Yes, you are a starter, we know. But we believe that starters can have lots of responsibilities from day 1. Are you looking for responsibilities? Do you want to get your hands dirty to experience what the offshore life looks like? Do you want to learn how to manage a complete project cycle, including building customer relationships? Then join our movement and apply for the Jr. Operations Engineer position.
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make the offshore industry safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Jr. Operations Engineer
As Jr. Operations Engineer, you are the internal and external point of contact for projects where an Ampelmann system is deployed offshore. For each project, you take care of a satisfied client by optimising the project, sharing weekly reports, visiting the client and by managing the project in general. As a Jr. Operations Engineer you will also be responsible for (de)mobilisations, offshore trials and coaching of offshore operators. In this role you take care of your budget, invoicing and purchasing so that the administration is up to date as well.
Do you want to have a visual impression of this vacancy? Then please click here
- Managing several Ampelmann projects offshore, from preparation to close-out phase
- Being the point of contact (internally and externally) for your offshore projects
- Ensuring a high client satisfaction by optimising the operation offshore
- Travel to (de)mobilisations, client visits and offshore trials and client visits
- Coaching operators on their professional development
- MSc/BSc degree (technical business administration or any engineering study) and/or 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Willingness to travel (30% work on site globally, 70% office)
- Proven project management skills: keep overview during chaotic situations
- Analytical skills: the ability to take one step back, analyse the situation and then act
- A pro-active attitude: come up with improvements and suggestions in a constructive way
About the Operations Europe & Africa (EA) team
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, non-contributory pension plan, collective health insurance and 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Operations EA team consists of several Jr. Operations Engineers and Mr. Operations Engineers. The Jr. Operations Engineer reports to the Team Lead Operations Engineers. The Operations EA team in general is led by the Operations Area Manager. In this team you will have a high degree of responsibility – as of day 1 – and you will be coached by more experienced Operations Engineers.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here
This vacancy is open throughout the year due to business growth. The start date is in consultation, based on your preferences and the available spots.
You can apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. Within 2 weeks we will let you know if you have been selected for a first interview. If there is a match you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job! If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this vacancy is Naomi van Nederpelt.