You are the person that has been designing and developing an Ampelmann system for the past months and now the time has come to test it offshore. You have programmed every one of its moves. With a push of a button, you are about to see it in action for the first time. Do you want to be that person? If the answer is yes, then we have just the right opportunity for you. Apply now for our Jr. Motion Control Engineer position!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make the offshore industry safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Jr. Motion Control Engineer
As Jr. Motion Control Engineer, you will be the person who knows just how to get an Ampelmann system moving. You will be responsible for the basic and detailed design of a system, its commissioning, testing and aftercare. Software will be a big part of your job, but it won’t be all there is to it. You will also be responsible for the operational efficiency and workability of the systems you design. The multiple levels, on which you will be working, will require you to be flexible, communicative and proactive.
Do you want to have a visual impression of this vacancy? Then please click here.
- Dynamic modeling and simulation to optimise designs
- Detailed hardware design in collaboration with suppliers
- Implementation of system control software
- Commissioning and testing of new products
- Operational support and troubleshooting, also on location
- Bsc or Msc degree in Mechatronics, Systems & Control, Mechanical,- Electrical,- or Aerospace engineering.
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Preferred: proven experience (or courses) that indicate knowledge of interaction between hardware and software and/or actuation
The Innovations team
- A great work environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Excellent secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, non-contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
As Jr. Motion Control Engineer, you will be part of the Innovations department at Ampelmann – a department responsible for delivering new products in time, according to specification and within budget. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team of around 10 engineers, all with different backgrounds and skills levels.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here
This vacancy is open throughout the year due to business growth. The start date is in consultation, based on your preferences and the available spots.
You can apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. Within 2 weeks we will let you know if you have been selected for a first interview. If there is a match you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job! If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.