'Houston, we have a problem’. Does this sentence make you curious? And are you looking for some adventure in your job? If you like a challenging work week, solving issues on a daily basis, then this position may be just the one for you. Join our movement and apply to be our Jr. Operations Control Centre (OCC) Engineer!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make the offshore industry safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Jr. OCC Engineer
In your role as Jr. OCC Engineer, you will work in shifts (day, night and/or weekends). During these shifts, your goal will be to minimise downtime by solving operational issues. Before solving issues by yourself, you will be trained extensively by your OCC colleagues. You will also be modifying existing software packages and deploying upgrades on our Ampelmann systems worldwide, both on- and (sometimes) offshore.
- Supervising troubleshoots by: instructing offshore personnel, monitoring the work safety and informing internal and external clients with regards to the downtime status
- Minimising downtime by identifying challenges and formulating possible solutions
- Liaising with other departments to successfully solve operational and technical challenges
- Conducting project meetings and preparing regular reports to communicate project status to your stakeholders
- Providing support in maintaining and upgrading our electrical systems and software (onshore and at times offshore)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, civil engineering or similar and 0-3 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of PLC control systems (preferably Siemens)
- Flexibility and pro-activity: willingness to travel and work on weekends
- Stress resistance: ability to maintain aa good tasks overview, even with time constraints
- Excellent communications skills in English and Dutch
About the OCC team
- A great work environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Excellent secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, non-contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
Our OCC team consists of four OCC Engineers and one Team Lead. In this position, you will be reporting to the OCC Team Lead.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here
You can apply before 22 February 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after closing date we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.