Do you have an innate talent for structural design? Are you the type of person that likes to drive projects that have not taken shape yet? If the answer is yes and you’re looking to do so in a high-demanding, challenging, yet flexible, work environment, then this job may be the one for you. Join the team and become a Structural Engineer in the concept phase within our Innovations Department!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make the offshore industry safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Structural Engineer in the concept phase
You will be responsible for the design and analysis of all load-carrying components. In the development of new systems, your role will be to supervise the structural design from concept to product. You will work within multiple engineering disciplines and with different operations specialists to define system requirements and cooperate towards a concept.
- Contribute to the optimal structural design for increased safety and efficiency of the Ampelmann fleet
- Carry out conceptual and advanced static and dynamic structural analyses
- Establish the basis of design and monitor requirements for design assignments by subcontractors
- Advise on the appropriate material choice and manufacturing process
- Prepare and coordinate the design appraisal by certification agencies
- Prepare structural test procedures to verify the newly built products as well as structural inspection plans for maintenance campaigns
- MSc or BSc degree in Aerospace, Civil, Maritime, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience in Structural Engineering
- Insight in three-dimensional engineering mechanics
- Strong analytical skills, out-of-the-box mentality and high-quality standards
- Skills in both Dutch and English, spoken and written
About the Innovations Department
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Excellent secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, non-contributory pension plan, collective health insurance and 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
Within the Innovations Department, you will be part of a young and dynamic team that turns (technical) ideas into high-quality products and services. In the concept phase, the idea generated in the feasibility study will be developed into a concept.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here
You can apply before 26 March 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If there is a match after the first interview, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.