Do you have an innate talent for structural design? Do you like translating market opportunities into designs? And are you the one who will make decisive design choices that impact our final products? If so, we might have just the opportunity for you. Check out our Structural Engineer vacancy and apply now!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Structural Engineer
In this role, you will be responsible for the structural design of a concept. You will take a step back and ensure that the boundaries are clear, based on the conditions of the customer, Ampelmann and notified bodies. As a Structural Engineer, you will convert load cases into structural design requirements. After completing the concept, you will make sure that your design is handed over to the Basic & Detail design phase. During this phase you will safeguard the technical integrity of the final product. As Structural Engineer, you can oversee the bigger picture so that you can decide yourself to which detail you should make static and dynamic calculations.
Your regular activities
- Formulate, analyse and develop requirements for the structural design
- Take responsibility for the structural design and the interface with other engineering disciplines
- Translate the operational procedure to load cases and create a clear presentation of all structural and design requirements relevant for a subcontractor and/or notified body
- Liaise with other engineers to convert needs of internal customers into concept designs
- Advise other departments on structural issues regarding damages, repairs and continuing operations
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- MSc in Aerospace, Civil, Maritime, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience with designing big steel constructions in a multidisciplinary team
- Insight into three-dimensional engineering mechanics and experience with FEM software
- Communication and influencing skills in English (required) and Dutch (preferred)
About the Concept team
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, laptop & phone)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Concept team is part of the Innovations department at Ampelmann and is responsible for converting customer needs into functional and technical specifications for new products. The Concept team is a multi-disciplinary team, mostly consisting of Design, Motion Control and Lead Engineers. In this role, you will report to the Concept Manager.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before 30 May 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If we there is a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.