Are you looking for a job with innovation at its heart? Do you want to be the person at the forefront of that innovation? And one more question: Do you want to find out how you can bring Ampelmann’s automation and sensing technology to the next level? If so, we might have just the opportunity for you. Check out our R&D Engineer Automation & Control and apply now!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means
Your role as R&D Engineer Automation & Control
In this position, you will design and develop advanced (motion) control and automation hardware and software. You will work on creating robust technologies for Automation and Control of Ampelmann’s products and will be responsible for decreasing their overall power usage and increasing their operational ease-of-use and efficiency. What’s more, you will be doing all that while maintaining the company’s high standards of safety and reliability.
Your regular activities
- Generate and retain knowledge for Ampelmann, specifically regarding Sensing technology and Automation
- Collaborate with subcontractors and suppliers, e.g., in development of novel sensing hardware
- Develop and program control algorithms for advanced sensing and control
- Test and deliver novel technologies for Ampelmann products
- Alignment of technology development with internal stakeholders and project management
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Master’s in Aerospace, Mechanical, Maritime, or Civil Engineering; Applied Physics, with a focus on control, sensing, robotics, and/or mechatronics, or similar
- Ability to break down long-term goals into a series of demonstrators and prototypes that can be tested with stakeholders to adjust those goals
- Strong analytical skills, out-of-the-box mentality and high-quality standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English, spoken and written. Proficiency in Dutch is preferred.
About the R&D team
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, laptop & phone)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The R&D team is part of the Innovations department at Ampelmann and focuses on designing energy-efficient products and ensuring operational efficiency offshore. The department is also responsible for developing new technologies and knowledge to support new Ampelmann product developments.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before 4 June 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If we there is a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.