Are you a VR mastermind, excited about the latest technologies and the ability to make virtual situations look like real life? And are you looking to join a company that has embraced VR for the future and wants to push its boundaries even further? If so, we may have just the job for you. Check our vacancy and apply now for our VR Developer position.
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means
Your role as VR Developer
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a virtual equivalent of real-world situations used for training, engineering and sales purposes. With the VR experiences you create, you will help convince (potential) clients of the appeal to do business with Ampelmann. You will also make it possible for your fellow colleagues discover the feasibility of new products and innovations before they have even been built in real life.
Your regular activities
- Create digital content (i.e. animated movies, still images and VR) both in 2D and 3D using programmes like: Solidworks, Blender, Unreal and Unity3D
- Design games, in which you set up rules and structure of the game, apply storyboarding, create levels, perform UI, UX and sound FX design. Test and document those games
- Transform business needs into virtual reality
- Set up VR project requirements in consultation with client; divide project into sub-goals and create tasks. Coach work students and coordinate multiple projects
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Ability to programme 2D and 3D graphics with Unity/Unreal, Solidworks, Blender
- Experience in C++, C# (object-oriented programming), animation, UX design and cloud computing
- Experience in game development processes
- Experience in working with Github (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written. Dutch preferred.
About the Data Services team
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, laptop & phone)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Data Services department is a relatively new department at Ampelmann, with a strong focus on developing and implementing virtual technologies that help optimise the company’s operations and value-add for the client. The team consists of a Data Engineer, Project Manager, Simulation Engineer and a VR Developer. In this role, you will report to the Manager Data Services.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before 4 June 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If there is a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this vacancy is Marieke Haring.