Ready for your next career step in the limelight of our innovation cycle? Are you wired and prepared to conceptualise cutting-edge technology? And do you have a track record in projects focused on Control Systems or Motion Control? If so, then we might have the right job lined up for you. Check out our Concept Engineer Automation & Control vacancy and apply now!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means
Your role as Concept Engineer Automation & Control
In this role, you will be developing the concept of the control system (actuation, hardware and software). This role allows you to take a step back from detailed engineering/programming and will give you the opportunity to take a holistic approach. Choices that are made here have crucial impact in the end result of the system. You will assess the development risks, potential showstoppers, FMEA, safety philosophy, operational modes, etc. After the hand-over of the concept to the next phase, you will remain involved in the development process as ‘technical conscience’.
Your regular activities
- Translate functional requirements to a control system concept and topology
- Conceptualise system safety philosophy (e.g. fail tolerance or fail safe design)
- Ensure alignment of technology development with internal and external stakeholders and project management
- Asses and mitigate operational and development risks in your field
- Collaborate and ensure quality and knowledge within the Control Systems discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- MSc in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and/or Systems & Control; with a focus on control, sensing, robotics, and/or mechatronics, or similar
- Experience in similar role or project management / lead engineer role within multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstration of strong analytical skills and high-quality standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English, spoken and written
About the Concept team
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A good salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, laptop & phone)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Concept team is part of the Innovations department at Ampelmann and is responsible for converting customer needs into functional and technical specifications for new products. The Concept team is a multi-disciplinary team, mostly consisting of Design, Automation & Control and Lead Engineers. In this role, you will report to the Concept Manager.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before 28 June 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If we there is a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!