Are you the person to build strategic relationships with clients and follow through on their commercial needs? Do you want to be part of a small, dynamic team based in Aberdeen? If you’re looking to take the next step and hone your existing technical sales skills, this is the right place for you! Apply now for our Business Development Manager opportunity.
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means
Your role as Business Development Manager – Aberdeen
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be a strategic player for our clients. From day one, you will get a chance to discuss new ways of creating business impact in the industry. You will identify and address client needs and make sure to meet them with the great service Ampelmann is known for. Your role will be based in Aberdeen and will focus on the North Sea region. You will be working closely together with various company stakeholders, including those responsible for operations and business development.
Your regular activities
- Identifying and prioritising leads and building strong relationships within the entire sales cycle
- Reporting progress on your opportunities and projects via actionable Customer Visit Reports (CVRs)
- Realising predetermined sales targets in your specific region or market segments
- Collaborating with other stakeholders in- and outside of Ampelmann to deliver the quality of service clients expect from us
- After closing a deal, you will continue to work with the Operations department to ensure client needs are fully met over time
- Preferred, but not exclusive BSc degree in an Engineering field &/or demonstrable experience of 3-5 years in a technical sales role
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to demonstrate at interview evidence of sales skills (track record) in a technical environment
- Office365 skills to meet the needs of this dynamic role
About the Business Development team
- A great innovative working environment with significant opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis & Scottish public holidays)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The dedicated UK Business Development team reports to the Area Manager BD – Europe. Together the team works towards regional targets that contribute to the global revenue and profits plans for Ampelmann
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before 27 June 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If we identify a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!