Do you know how to solve complex logistical challenges, while working with multiple stakeholders on a tight schedule? Do you thrive in fast-paced and result-driven environments, where tasks and priorities can change quickly? If you answered both questions with ‘yes!’, then you might be just the person we’re looking for. Apply now for our Logistics & Customs Supervisor position!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take center stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Logistics & Customs Supervisor
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the often complex logistics processes concerning spare parts, specific consumable parts and the shipment of systems. All these processes directly influence the quality of a project so your work will have great impact on our business. You will have an overview of both the local and global context in which Ampelmann operates and will be responsible for planning short- and long-term projects. Keeping your cool in stressful situations will come in handy, as the job may bring challenges that you may have to resolve on a tight deadline.
- Control, monitor and execute shipments of spare parts and project cargo. Communication with authorities regarding transport and customs matters
- Managing relations with logistics providers and customs agents, including evaluation of their performance (timeframe, costs, damages, contracts, etc.)
- Monitor and improve the export controls procedures aimed to ensure the company is compliant with the EU export controls. Audit customs records and manage the database with HS Codes and Countries of Origin
- Design and implement procedures for improvements of transportation and customs processes.
- Provide guidance on customs & trade compliance matters to the Dutch and overseas offices of Ampelmann.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Customs, Compliance or similar
- 5 years relevant working experience in logistics and/or international transportation; experience with high-risk countries is a prerequisite
- Proactive and process-oriented, result-driven attitude
- Ability to maintain an overview, even with time constraints
- Excellent team skills
- Preferably knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP system
About the Procurement & Logistics team:
- A great innovative working environment with significant opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Procurement & Logistics team manages the purchasing, logistics and warehousing for Ampelmann in a cost-conscious and time-efficient manner. We have a team in supply chain where we deliver the highest service to our internal clients. We strongly believe that supporting and challenging our colleagues will deliver excellent service to our internal and external clients.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here
and have an ‘inside look’ here.
You can apply before August 22, 2019 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this vacancy is Thijs de Greeff.