Is drawing something you really enjoy doing and do you want to see the effects of your drawings directly being implemented in practice? And do you want to come up with design solutions and have direct impact on improving the performance of our Ampelmann systems? Read more below and apply now for our Draftsman position!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make offshore access safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and having responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Your role as Draftsman
In this role, you will be responsible for correctly implementing the improvements or changes in the design drawings. Besides that, you will come up with design solutions for fabrication issues or improvements in the design. As a Draftsman you are closely involved in the production process and you will be able to see your work directly being implemented in practice.
- Implement changes in design drawings and generate fabrication drawings (2D+3D)
- Release fabrication and as built drawings for newly fabricated systems
- Coordinate design updates
- Make design changes for continuous improvement
- Come up with design solutions for fabrication issues or improvements in the design
- 5+ years of working experience as a technical draftsman
- Vocational degree (MBO) in mechanical engineering, technical drawing, manufacturing preparation or similar
- Experience in construction, design or manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication skills in English (required), Dutch (preferred)
- Experience with design management system (PDM) and SolidWorks is preferred
About the Production & Assembly Department
- A great working environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, laptop & phone)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
The Production Department consists of Production Engineers, Production Mechanics and an Assembly Supervisor. The department is responsible for fabrication, assembly and testing of new Ampelmann systems and managing the design of line products after the innovation process. In this role you will report to the Manager Production & Assembly.
You can apply before 7 April 2020 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If there is a match, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any specific questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com. Your contact person for this vacancy is Naomi van Nederpelt.